How Much Does Wedding Reception Cost
A wedding is an exciting time in a couple’s life. The vow and the promise to live happy and with challenges ever after. One of the first real challenges in preparing for a wedding is having to spend on the wedding reception. And some families especially the bride’s dads are on a budget dread when it comes to the cost for wedding reception. This article will discuss some things about how much does wedding reception cost and how you can be able to cut on your wedding budget but still have a fabulous day of your life.
Who Pays For What?
When as a couple you have already decided, and everything’s all set with each of your families hearts ready to let you go and take the challenge of adding another family member into their circle, it is best that you talk with your families to help you out with your wedding budget. In most cases, the bride’s families are the ones picking up the entire strip, but in this day and age, the groom’s families are also taking part in contributing to the cost.
Don’t think about ‘how much does wedding reception cost,’ right off the bat. It should be you taking control over your finances when it comes to events like these. The best question there would be how much can you afford from to the average wedding venue price? One tip for the couples to strategize on their planning is that they should talk to each of their families separately and have open discussions with them. After all, this is not just about a party but also a giving a son or daughter away day also.
Ask your parents if they have any plans to contribute to the cost for wedding reception. If they do, ask from them the specific dollar amount they plan on contributing and then you can add all the contributions in order to create your budget. Another alternative would be, asking each of your folks to finance a particular aspect of the big day such as, the catering, or the honeymoon, or the ceremony. If committing to a dollar amount is not your thing to do as a couple, it is also suggested that you contribute to your own wedding. If you do, this goes to show that you are trying your best in order to contribute not just to this cost for wedding reception but also that you are ready to face the challenges of your marriage life ahead.
Ways to Save On Your Wedding
According to CNBC.com, surveys coming from wedding planners had mentioned that the usual spending for a wedding reception guest is around $204 dollars in 2012. Now if you’d like to check on the latest charges, Theknot.com provides annual survey of the cost for wedding reception. It wouldn’t hurt to know the latest updates on how much does wedding reception cost. This way, you can plan ahead. Here are some simple suggestions how you save on your budget while celebrating an important event in your life:
- Limit your number of guest. Do not feel guilty of not inviting everyone that you know on your wedding day. Only invite those people that really matter to you both as a couple. Take note that every person you invite has to have an invitation, and a piece of a very pricey cake and souvenirs. If this is the case, you can save more for inviting less.
- Avoid weekend weddings. Wedding held on Saturdays and holidays are the most expensive. This is because wedding venues usually charge more during these days. If you really try and think out of the box, you can save more by planning on your wedding to be held on the lean season for weddings, nothing wrong with that really, and a special day is a special day no matter what. June and December are popular wedding months, so vendors might charge more for that.
- Choose buffet lunch over sit down dinners. Afternoon appetizers and champagne drinks cost less during the day time, but if you can’t help having a wedding reception during dinner, a smart way is to do away with a cocktail bar. There are ways to let your guests leave your party without leaving them thirsty. Do worry, not one will complain.
- Let your flowers be in the season. You don’t need to order shipped tulips from Holland so that you can have the flower of your dreams for your big day. All you will need are flowers that are in season in your locality. Don’t worry, your florist will do an awesome job with your bouquet and boutonnieres. You can save by sticking with the flowers in season and yet have a beautiful centerpiece on your wedding day.
- Venues need not be expensive. No need to spend on your fortune on a very expensive reception hall. Check with your local church, or the church you are getting married into. Some churches have a reception hall where you can celebrate with families and loved ones after the ceremony. Also, municipal parks, and beaches are great options if you chose the right season and time. These places may also provide a beautiful backdrop perfect for your wedding photos while cutting down on average wedding venue price.
No Matter What Happens
Once you’ve already set your budget, with all the plans for the reception and your apparels, and the gowns. You can eliminate too much stress from the wedding planning if you can tune out other suggestions coming from people, which
may just cause a blow up on you planned budget. After considering the average wedding venue price, it is best that you let things happen as they happen. Try to stick with your wedding plans. Some couples can do with one to two things without on their wedding such as the photo booth, or dropping the hors d’oeuvres. Just remember that no matter what happens during your reception, or during the ceremony, things will still be magical.